Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Fall Fest

I spent the weekend in Lake Charles at the Fall Festival held there at the Sam Houston Jones State Park. If you have never been, you should check out the lovely trails and pond where you can rent boats to paddle around. After walking awhile along the river, I started to remember why I like nature and wondered why I don't get away from the concrete more often. The museum was invited to attend the fair and we set up a booth, encouraging people to send us menus and join the museum. I think we may get a fair amount of menus donated soon. We are also hoping to do more with state parks, using them as a venu to make connections between our eating habits and nature. We'll see what happens. Food can be used to connect with pretty much everything, can't it? Also, if you are in Lake Charles, I highly recommend the margaritas at Cancun on Ryan St. And the carne asada. I'm just sayin...

No comments: