Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Creating a Wiki

I have been searching the web for a site that really tells the story of Southern food. I can find very interesting sites which are full of information. But I have not found one single Southern food site that really covers all of the aspects of Southern food with cross references and with a deep discussion of influences. So we are going to launch one.

We are planning it now. If you have any ideas, if you are an expert on a particular topic related to Southern food, or if you just want to have input, please get in touch with me. As the "Southern Food and Beverage Wiki" is launched we will be building an important document that will belong to everyone. Think about your state. Think about your favorite foods. Don't let them be neglected on this wiki.

We would like to launch within 90 days, so let us hear from you.

1 comment:

Gumbeaux Gal said...

Hi, I am a Louisianian who has relocated to California. I've started blogging about food. A good number of my posts are about foods I grew up eating. I would love to help out SoFab on the wiki project!

If you can, please check out http://gumbeauxkitchen.blogspot.com

Here is a specific post that may interest you:
http://gumbeauxkitchen.blogspot.com/2007/09/geography-and-family-history-on-plate.html