Friday, June 22, 2007

Lafayette

Yesterday I went to Lafayette to meet with several supporters about a fundraiser we are planning to hold in Lafayette sometime in October. They included Michael Doumit, a local restaurateur, Marcelle Bienvenu and Sandra Day, food writers and recipe creators, and Judy Corne, my aunt and Lafayette resident. We discussed several possibilities, but the one that recieved the most interest was to have a boucherie brunch. All of them remarked that true boucheries are held less and less these days. They are such fun but an awful lot of work, and more than anything require a commitment of time---something everyone seems to be in short suppy of these days. I thought having this kind of event would be perectly in keeping with the museum's mission to support the culinary traditions of the south. We are still deciding on a location, but as soon as we do, I will let you all know about it. I bet it will be delicious.

No comments: