Saturday, August 4, 2007

Natchez Food and Wine Festival

As a quick snapshot of a town, a Food and Wine Festival is always a treat. The Festival in Natchez is no exception. Area restaurants participated in a contest voted on by the visitors. That meant that each restaurant was putting on its best face. The wines were in competition also, which made for a great opportunity for tasting. And my favorite part is the local culinary businesses that support the event, letting me see the variety of businesses operating in the area. I loved it.

I collected menus - my compulsion - and tasted and talked. This event benefits a scholarship fund for culinary students from the Copiah-Lincoln Community College in Natchez. The terrific idea is to send a graduate of the Co-Lin program on for further education and training. They return to Natchez better chefs with a breadth of experience.

I am also looking forward to our culinary camp, which starts in a week. And we are working up to Invitation to the Memphis Table in September.

No comments: