Wednesday, January 23, 2008

i get by with a little help from my friends, relatives and people i meet in the gym locker room

It still suprises me how positively the majority of people react to a museum they have never heard of and isn't open. And no, they aren't all related to me. Recently, the Tulsa, OK newspaper ran a short article about how we are seeking corn stories and I have been inundated (ok, maybe that's hyperbole...I've heard from 7 people) with stories, photos and suggestions about other people to contact. My aunt's in-laws recently had dinner at a local restaurant and noticed the model boats on display and asked the owner who did them, since I have been looking for something of that kind for the Louisiana exhibit. Recently in the ladies' locker room at my gym, a woman overheard me talking to a friend about work and offered a means of partnering with her job. And of course, I can't leave out my parents who have offered their support in a myriad of ways, not excluding a willingness to paint or lay flooring. I need to remember all of these moments when I get overwhelmed or feel like I am doing this alone. Not true at all.

No comments: